Contact Dr Patterson for help managing stress-related conditions.
We can help you learn to manage stress skillfully and care for yourself using behaviors that not only feel good, but can also help prevent and manage disease with less dependence on drugs and surgery. This can save you money as well as reduce medication side effects and drug interactions.
The sense of dependency often associated with chronic medical conditions can change to a sense of control. Gaining skill with mind body approaches can dramatically enhance your quality of life.
We provide confidential consultations and can provide your personal physician with summaries and recommendations at your request. We can work with your personal physician to combine conventional medicine with complementary mind body approaches.
Symptoms of stress
- Nervous System – Sleep loss, headaches, anxiety, depression, restlessness, trembling, weakness, exhaustion, irritability, anger, sweating, cold sensations, fast breathing, smothering sensations, increase in chronic pain
- Cardiovascular System – Palpitations, fast heartbeat, high blood pressure, progression of coronary heart disease, myocardial infarctions (heart attacks)
- Digestive System – Changes in appetite and digestion, changes in bowel habits, heartburn, ulcers
- Dermatological System – Itching and rashes
- Endocrine System – Increased blood sugar and worsening diabetes
- Immune System – Increased susceptibility to viral infections, activation of latent viral infections, onset and exacerbation of autoimmune disease
- Musculoskeletal System – Muscle tension, pain, weakness
- Behavioral – Difficulty complying with healthy behaviors
Benefits of Stress Management
- An enhanced quality of mental and physical health
- Lower blood pressure and slower heart rate
- Better immune function
- Less heart disease and risk of stroke
- Less risk of viral infection
- Less risk of autoimmune disease
- Possibly less risk of developing cancer
- Less aggressive course to autoimmune diseases and possibly cancer
- Better mental function
- Less depression
- Enhanced stress coping
- Quality of sleep improves
- More patient when dealing with others
- Communicate better with others
- Less angry, fewer temper outbursts
- Enhanced self-confidence
- Increased sense of well-being
- Better able to manage difficult situations